Yes dears, you’ve heard right – ice cream turned into bread! How cool is that hah!? I was browsing the net when I came across this – How to Turn Ice Cream into Bread. I had to try it for myself – after all summer is coming to an end and we still have two full boxes of ice cream, which is even less likely to be enjoyed in winter. I’ve decided to opt for three flavours to create different layers; Stracciatella, Chocolate, and Nocciola. However, if you want more contrast I suggest you use Strawberry, or maybe Pistachio?
- a cup of each flavour – in my case, 1 cup of Stracciatela, 1 cup of Chocolate, and 1 cup of Nocciola;
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour to mix with each flavour i.e. 2 and 1/4 cups of flour in all;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar to mix with each flavour i.e. 6 tablespoons sugar in all.
- Prepare a loaf tin with parchment paper to bake the mixture in.
- In a medium-sized bowl place a cup of softened ice cream (flavour 1), and mix in 3/4 cup of self-raising flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Pour the mixture in the loaf tin for the base.
- Repeat step 2 above with the other two flavours. Pour each layer on top of the other.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes. I warmed the oven while preparing the mixture so it was already hot when putting the loaf tin inside, taking less time to bake under a gas mark of around 200 degrees.
What do you think of this easy recipe? Did you know of the possibility of turning ice cream into bread/cake?
Thanks for your feedback 🙂