Anyone else is in love with anything that has to do with any type of nuts? Roasted walnuts are my favourite 🙂 and indeed the healthiest amongst the almonds. I combine some of these with my daily meals; either with fruit and yogurt, or sometimes chopped with salad. Anyway, but today I am here to share this low-fat Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. According to the book Snack-Tastic!, one cookie only has 59 calories.
You just need:
- half (1/2) cup of creamy peanut butter;
- quarter (1/4) cup of sugar;
- 1 large egg white;
- about 60g of chocolate (to melt for decorating the top) – I used Nutella instead;
- some nuts to also place on top (slightly salted peanuts/ crushed walnuts/ blanched almonds – all can do).
As you can assume from the ingredients, this is very easy and quick to do! I must say that the book indicates 24 servings; however, I did not even manage to have 12! So I think they either have to be miniature cookies, or else be happy with a smaller amount :p
- Start off by blending together the 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg white. This can be easily stirred with a whisk or tablespoon. Cover (I used Stretch & Seal) and refrigerate for 30 minutes. You can warm-up the oven in the meantime.
- Take out the mixture from the refrigerator. Spoon one tablespoon with the mixture and drop onto a flat baking tray (I lined this with parchment paper). You can flatten this down with a fork.
- When all mixture is used up, you can bake the cookies for not more than 20 minutes under the gas mark of 230 degrees.
- Time to decorate 🙂 you can melt some chocolate and drizzle some on top of the cookies, sprinkling the nuts on top to finish them off! Refrigerate for about 5 minutes until chocolate dries up.
- Start eating :p
For peanut butter lovers, this is the perfect treat for you 🙂